This week we talk about why it seems like we're seeing fewer and fewer UI innovations and how there might hopefully be a silver lining in all of this. We also discuss Figma's UI refresh.
- Abstract: Design workflow management for product design teams using Sketch
- Layout #61: Crowdsourced Burritos (with Special Guest Ryan McLeod
- Mike Rundle on Twitter: “Our Choice and Twitter for iPad were the peak and the end of iPad interface design innovation and they came out 8+ years ago. Since then, designers have been so preoccupied with flat design, new prototyping tools and design systems and we forgot how to innovate.”
- Tweetie - Wikipedia
- iKyle on Twitter: “Something easy to forget about Twitter for iPad is it wasn’t just the sliding panels design, it has some of the best gestures and nice little interactions of any app I’ve used.”
- We refreshed Figma’s UI: An inside look at our process
- Matthew Sanders on Twitter: “When you base your decisions off of data alone. You compromise choice and critical decision making. People are resourceful. They are quite well acquainted with suffering.”